29 Jul Understanding the culture of buying & selling in Italy
Buying in Italy is becoming more popular. An enviable lifestyle at a relatively lower cost than many other developed countries, tax incentives to move, great climate and variety of places to choose from.
But for most, it can be a daunting task, and if going it alone may feel impossible at times!
In our years of experience navigating successful transactions, we have heard of so many challenges that face foreigners looking to invest in a property in Italy,
Have these happened to you?
- Listings that don’t provide photos of rooms inside the house (too few photos) and you can’t be there to see it in person for some time.
- Made an enquiry and they never replied… or replied with partial info .. in Italian etc.
- Multiple listings of the same house with different agents on different websites is confusing and delaying
- The agent directed you to other properties when you enquired about a specific one you wanted and they don’t match your needs (agent selling whatever they have on hand)
- The house got pulled off the market after you made my enquiry! (no understanding of why and no communication about why it happened)
- Listings that are out of date (Property was sold, even months ago)
What’s the solution?
It all relates to needing to understand the culture of buying and selling in Italy … and at D&G we can help you overcome these issues and learn the property purchase secrets you need to know to find your home in Italy and negotiate successfully.
Before you keep facing delays, roadblocks and more headaches going it alone, contact us for a consultation today so you can have a trusted provider to navigate a better path for you to successful property searching in Italy!